Monday, July 28, 2014

Reflections from the First Day of the Institute! (Local & International)

Today we have a fine day. I was a little excited.
First  we have art class we draw a bridge I think I am not drew very well although I try my best.  I am not good at drawing.  We also have cook lesson we made pizza  cookies and dumplings that is so interesting I think I had a good day today.                                                                                                  
-Tom

Today we arrived at an American school and we studies in this school.
First we learned how to protect ourselves when we are in trouble .
Second we learned how to draw bridge and take some photos.
Then   we learned how to cook pizza and dumpling and they tasted great.
Then we write a diary about our lives and we learned a lot of English  .
We had chicken milk and noodle for lunch.
In the afternoon we saw the robotics and have a good time.
Now we are having computer lessons we write some words about today on the computer.
I an very happy.
-Fred

This morning we go to school at half past eight. But we go to school late. Classes begin Is 9 a clock. So we late for breakfast. The first lesson is art lesson. We draw something about bridge and teach our with bridge's name. The other lesson is cook lesson . Teacher teach me how to cook
Something about USA food.  And we are eating our Food. Now, we are have a lesson, too.
My name is Barry.

Today, we go to school and there are many fun and interesting primary technology. Teachers are friendly and kind. So we all like them. Today we have five lessons.
The first class is the class exercises. It is fun. All in today have a good time
- JICK

Today is Monday.  At eight in the morning ,we come to the school ,we had breakfast and did lots of activities ,first we had an art lesson ,we draw some beautiful bridges, then we went to cooking ,it was very fun, then we write activities and had lunch ,the food today was very nice ,I like this food ,then we went to have computer lesson and had fun.
-Unsigned

I went to school today. I got up at seven o'clock. Then, I had my breakfast. We got on the bus at eight o'clock and arrived at eight fifteen. The first lesson is Art. I drew a bridge during the class. The second lesson is cooking. We cooked cookies, pizza, and dumplings. It's really fantastic and I love it. The third lesson is writing. I got a new notebook from teacher to write diaries. They can use for memory. The fourth is robotics. I saw some robots walking and turn around. It's fun! The last one is computer. I like playing computers very much. We surfing on the Internet and watch some videos. I enjoy this day very much.
-Shirly

Today I went to an institute; it was about different cultures and really fun subjects. My first subject was engineering. We learned about bridges. My second class was cooking and we made cookies, pizzas, and dumplings. My third class was journalism. We wrote about our day and talked about things that go in a journal. We ate lunch after that, we had popcorn chicken, rice noodles, French fries, fruit, and milk. After that I had robotics where we watch a robot and got to play with it. My last class was computers and we watched videos and wrote these letters. That was my day at the summer institute.
~Hanna Ruosch

Today l play with many beautiful girls, l still have a little excited .l also learned many new words from here. What's more, l had learned how to make pizza at 11 o’clock . The robotics is very interesting. I do not like drawing, l had never drew when l was born down. So l draw the bridge is very ugly
-Andy

We learn cooking, and I know how to cook pizza I like pizza very much I think it is very well, so now I know how to cook I can cook pizza myself at home ,and I also know a lot about robot ,I know where is their eyes ,hands and their brains ,I like pie so I try to mike pie here I know American education it is so cool ! I like their education , in the end of article I say : I love America ! And I love Americans too!
I like America!
-Daniel  (Shan yi ming)

Today l had the Art lesson, We draw the bridges, It was very fun. Then we had a cooking lesson, We cook the pizza and the dumpling, and then we had the diary lesson, we learned how to write diary in English in the morning. We had lunch at twelve o’clock. It was very nice, we had the chicken. Then we had a robotics, It was very fun. Now, We are having a computer lesson, It is very interesting.
-Coco 

In the morning I walked to school with Coco, the student I am hosting. We arrived and had our breakfast at Kennedy. Today at school, we were working on building teams. Some of the activities that we were involved in included art, cooking, robotics, writing in journals and technology. Drawing bridges in art was very fun and in cooking class I learned how to make traditional American and Chinese cuisine. Robotics and technology were an exiting experience. I had a great time making new friends and communicating with international friends.
The teachers are all very kind and willing to help everyone. I am looking forward to coming tomorrow and the following days!
-Marah Faber:)

Today we went to various different stations around the school. First we went to the art room and we had various drills to show the Chinese students how we do them in America, after this we drew bridges and talked about their shapes that they could have.
Then we went to the pod kitchens and we made cookies, pizza, and then for snack were gonna have dumplings Yum!  Next we went to the class for journaling and brainstormed ideas about Chinese and American students.
 Next, we bowled with a robot
-Jayden Leavy

Today I had cooking class and we made pizza, cookies and dumplings! I learned that in China the do not grow peas so when they came here it was new for them. I had a journalism class today and I wrote about cooking class and drew some picture of the food I made and ate! I had robotics today and we saw the robot follow a straight line and saw the robot try to go up a tilting bridge without falling/it worked once! We made Wordle's in the computer lab. We had to describe the Summer International Institute in words to go in our Wordle's! I met a new friend named Hanna. We watched some videos of Chinese clothes and there were some people modeling them on stage! I tried some new foods today at lunch. I tried rice doodles it is rice that has the texture and tastes like a noodle. We had art class today were we had to draw our dream bridges and learned the different types of bridges. We learned three drills today. The fire drill. The lockdown drill and the tornado drill. They were all kind of hard for the exchange students to understand. The Summer International Institute is very fun and it is a great way to learn different cultures I think the Summer International Institute was a very very good idea!;)

~Lydia Quade

No comments:

Post a Comment